Murphy’s Hand Rearing Formula is a nutritionally balanced rearing diet for parrots, budgies, finches & lorikeets. The formula can be use from hatching to weaning.
Murphy’s hand rearing formula has all the vitamins, minerals, and supplements for improved health and growth for birds.
- Using the chart below as a guide, mix the Hand Rearing Formula with room temperature pre-boiled water until its a consistency of a paste with no lumps.
- Add the boiling water and mix, ensuring a smooth and flowing mixture. (adjust the water and formula content to achieve the desired formula consistency).
- Ensure the food temperature is between 38 – 42 degrees Celsius to prevent slow crop or burning of the crop.
- Always prepare fresh formula for each feed, and thoroughly clean all equipment after each feed.
- Timing of feeds varies from all species of birds, so monitor you birds digestion and never feed if the bird still has food in the crop. (If the crop does not empty in an appropriate time, seek veterinary advise).
- DO NOT use a microwave to heat or re-heat the formula.
Chick Age Formula Pre-boil water Boiled water
(parts) (parts) (parts)
1 – 3 days 1 3 2
4 – 14 days 1 2 2
14 – 35 days 1.5 1 1
35+ days 1 1 1
Corn Starch, Corn Flour, Pea Protein Isolates, Soy Protein, Vegetable Oils, Wheat Bran, Di-Calcium Phosphate, Calcium Carbonate, Dextrose, Choline Chloride, DL-Methionine, Sunflower Lecithin, Mycosorb A+, Prebiotics, Probiotics, Citric Acid, Omega 3 & 6, VitaminS: A, B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B9, B12, C, D3, E, H12, K. Minerals: Potassium, Zinc, Manganese, Magnesium, Iodine, Selinium, Copper.
|Dimensions||26 × 16 × 35 cm|